Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Saturday, October 10, 2015

Henry turns Two!

Wow; where did the time go?! Just yesterday I was holding my baby 1 year old, and today he's TWO! Little is the same as it was a year ago, or even just a week ago. His learning curve is so steep at this point, that everyday brings something new. It never gets old seeing him "get something", like the lightbulb going off. And it's even more awesome when it's something that I've been working on teaching him; he catches on quickly!

His big birthday present was a red Ford F 150 Raptor Power Wheels. Yep, he officially has a truck nicer than Daddy's Big Twuck! We drove 2.5 hours (roundtrip) to pick this thing up, and then assembled it last minute at 10:30 last night so that Henry could wake up and be surprised. Truthfully, I think Matt and I were more excited than Henry was at first. But, he spent all day, mostly with Daddy, with a pillow propped behind his back so he could reach, learning how to shift gears and press on the peddle to go, and let off to stop, which we've still to master. Yep lots of first wrecks today. In time. But, he LOVES it! Not sure how we're gonna top that present next year. Oops.

His current loves- trucks, cars, choo choos, blocks, Blaze and the Monster Machines cartoon, and BooBoo (Bella, the dog), sah ball (soccer ball), fuh bah (foot ball), base bah (baseball, with an emphasis on the s), ass (sun glasses)-that's a FUN one! ha!
Fave foods- chinugs (chicken nuggets), chee (mac n' cheese) yes, I'm THAT mom-judge if you want, spaghetti, peas, fruit cups, and milk with a strawberry straw.
Things he says funny- mas (smell), twuh (truck), uhyou (I love you), bubbo bah (bubble bath), ties (kiss), now calls me 'Mommy', and calls Matt 'Daddy', Mommy too? Daddy too? Booboo too? Baby (Henry) too? when we're going somewhere or doing something. He wants complete participation! :)

His overall communication has really developed over the last month or two. It's amazing how much better he's talking, but also how much more he can understand. We can give his commands and he actually does it the first time. And he's really starting to remember things.

His interactions with people has changed as well. We recently visited family in TN, and IL and each time he saw family he'd give hugs and kisses like he's seen them this whole time. He loves his cousins especially!

He tries to sing the ABC's with us, and counts to 10 (with help), and he knows the theme song to Blaze! He's starting to learn colors-loves blue.

No real interest in the potty yet, but he finally gave up boo (nursing) about a month ago. I thought I was going to be nursing him til college! ;)

He's starting to favor Daddy, and I love watching their little relationship grow stronger.

He goes to Parents as Teachers playgroup still , and loves it! His favorite part is playing with the guitar, the wooden trucks, water table, and the "Freeze Song".

He's started the 'I want {said item}, but now I don't want it, but I actually want it again so I'm gonna throw a fit' game. Ya, that game. Distractions used to help, but now he's just stubborn. I swear he's trying to secure his spot in the 'Only Child Club'!

If the last two years feel like a blur, I can't even imagine how fast time is going to start flying! We're constantly told by strangers to enjoy him while he's little because we'll miss him when he's grown. I take extra special care to give him all the kisses and hugs I can everyday so I won't take these "Terrible Two's" for granted. This boy is a bundle of energy. Most days have me wondering what life would've been like had we chosen the child-free life, but I'm quickly snapped back into reality when I'm awoken with smiles and kisses from the sweetest boy I know. And immediately I know that I am right where I should be.

Happy Birthday to the BEST 2 year old I know! Momma loves you so, and Daddy too! :)

1st trip to the beach! (SC)

Aunt Scarlett's wedding!

Driving his new wheels!


Heisel Rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment