Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Wednesday, April 24, 2013

It's a....

PONY!!
Nah, just kidding! That would be painful to give birth to! 

We are excited to announce that we are having a baby boy! 

The Dr. confirmed on Monday (at nearly 18 weeks along), and Matt was only 95% sure that there was boy parts present, but the Dr. tried to assure him that there was truly a turtle peaking through the baby's legs. I was sure we were having a baby girl, but truthfully, I was happy with either. There seems to be an abundance of boys on both our sides of the family so I guess it only figured.

Matt seemed to think (prior to knowing the gender) that if it was a boy he'd have most of the responsibility like teaching him to change the oil and be in the garage, and if it's a girl, I'd have the responsibility to teach her how to wear makeup and not get pregnant at 13. Since finding out that baby Heisel is a boy, he has since amended his current statement to be- I'd have the responsibility until he's the age of 6, then Matt takes over! haha silly Matt!

Other than seeing boy parts, we got to see his legs and his eyes (which was kinda creepy), and tiny butt cheeks! He's starting to get some fat on his bones and he was definatiely bigger this time, spanning from my belly button down. Crazy to think I'm growing a human! Still not quite real.

We had talked about baby names a while ago, even before we conceived, so the name was no biggie for us, we already knew what we'd call our baby, boy or girl. So, baby Heisel shall be called...


Henry Marshall Heisel


Matt and I both really liked classic names and this one suited both of our likes! We agreed fairly quickly, and just went with it! We still have a baby girl name on reserve. I'll just safely tuck it away along with the hairbows and ruffled bloomers, until next time. Until then, it's bow ties for us!

Retraining my girl brain as we speak to get used to the idea of dirt, on everything! 


Let the fun begin!

Heisel Rules! {the bump}

No comments:

Post a Comment