Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Saturday, May 11, 2013

20 weeks

So, we made it to 20 weeks and bumpin BIG time!! I feel like I say that everytime, but small victories is what I count these days! So, help us celebrate 20 weeks! :)



It's been great knowing that our baby is a Henry! Now, we can say "he" or "Henry" when referring to him, instead of "baby" or "it". It's also helped when making preparations for him. I have been buying him clothes when I find a good deal on them. Unfortunately, the majority of the "good deals" have been on summer stuff, which is not quite when he'll be born. I have to keep reminding myself that we have plenty of time! :) The lil mister already has a fedora for next summer! One of my fave stores for baby boy has been Osh Kosh! His Aunt Shelby got him the caaaautest pair of shortalls for next summer, and now I'm hooked! I thought it would be harder to dress a boy stylish, but so far, so good! I've also been to a few consignment sales, which has been great, I only wish I'd have known the gender then! :)

We got a FREE crib on craigslist. Matt, bless his heart, has probably been driven crazy by me and my craigslist finds. I found this one, though, and it was exactly what I was looking for, and we had to jump on it! Like, he got home from work, and we had to jump in the car to go get it! He was really patient though, and I'm appreciative! All we have to do is paint it the color of my choosing...now, if I could only CHOOSE the color already! ;) (have a mentioned before that I'm terrible at choices?!...SO hard!) We found a great organic, non toxic, non VOC, non everything basically so it'll be safe when he decides that his crib is his chew toy. Look, I'm not fooling anyone here, I know it'll happen! ha!

Tuesday we have the anatomy scan so we can see him up close and personal! We love seeing our little man! It's so cool! Feels like a mystery, and then we see the scan and are reminded, 'HEY! there's a REAL, live human growing in there!' Still can't wrap my brain around the idea that I'm growing a human! Crazy! :)

And here's the REAL deal-



My currents-
Craving? Ice cream craving is back! Who am I kidding? it never left! Peanut butter, 
Showing? Yep. I'm starting to get congratluated now when I'm in public.
Gender? Baby boy Henry :)
Names? Henry Marshall Heisel (HMH)
Have you felt baby move? Yes, he's been moving around a lot! Matt even got to feel him move 2 weeks ago!
Still see your feet? Yep.
Feelings? Feeling better. Still feeling big, but feeling more confident. Carrying this guy really low is causing me some back pain! Not to mention the left hip pain that I have to see a physical therapist for. Still nervous about delivery, but I'll handle those feelings closer to time I suppose. This is what I keep hearing from other random moms who have 'been there, done that'.

Wearing maternity clothes? Yes, almost exclusively. I was fortunate to find soem good sales on maternity clothes, so I'm pretty much set. Although, I can still wear some of my pre-maternity tops and pj's.

I'll leave you with a piece of Matt wisdom- "Hey, Babe, your belly now sticks our further than your butt!" Thanks, babe, for keepin it real!

P.S. Tomorrow will be my first almost official Mother's Day! It counts, right? So, Happy Mother's Day to all you rockin mommas out there! :)

Heisel Rules! {the bump}



No comments:

Post a Comment