Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Monday, February 10, 2014

Henry is Four Months!

Four Months ago, today, at 1:46am, we welcomed our baby boy into the world. As I say every month, I really cannot believe it's been four months. In some ways it feels longer, like he's been here all along, but most days I can't help but focus on how fast it has flown!



Two days ago (February 8) my baby's innocence was taken...by is first tooth, breaking his new skin that I made for him and marking his precious, once gummy grin. :( I'm sad, not just for the future of my nipples (YIKES! Piranha on the loose!), but also because my baby boy is growing too quickly! I should be given months to adjust, right?! ;) However, we are counting our blessings because other than drool and fist gnawing, there's not been any other symptoms; we wouldn't have even known he was cutting a tooth!

This dude has perfected tummy time with great neck and head control, reaches for things in front of him and he even tries to tuck those knees and scooch…skooch?…scootch?…oh heck-scooch. He gets those legs a'going so quickly I'm sure he'll just project himself forward! He'll be mobile before we know it. For now, I'll continue to contain him in his "office" aka his jumper. He dominates the that thing! He gets that it rocking with his jumps! Hopefully it doesn't tip over! Although, I'm sure he's nearly met the max weight at 4 months.

This baby can reach with the best of them! He can almost touch the birds on the mobile above his swing! Speaking of his hands- he loves to touch and feel e.ver.y.thing. Everything. Most everything in the hands ends up in the mouth. It is sweet, though, while I'm nursing him, he'll reach up and touch my face. It really is precious.

He's still a phenomenal sleeper. We set the pace with a calming bath at 8:30pm, followed up by either swing time or momma's snuggles, and then he hits the hay around 9pm. He's been waking up for boob around 1:30am and every 2 hours after that. I think it's just because he's teething though, I'm not convinced he's starving. However, I can't let my chunky dude go hungry! ;) Gotta support the rolls!

Speaking of chunk- he weighs 18 pounds and he's 26 inches. I swear he's half my height!! Keep in mind, I'm 5 feet nothing. That's 60 inches, people. He'll have to carry me before long! ;)

This guy is trying hard to sit up on his own. He can almost do it, but still falls over. He's also working on the roll over. He gets half way and can't roll past the 5 arm rolls! Soon, son, soon!



He babbles and laughs and smiles and is an all around joy. To stare at him with amazement (I still can't believe I made him) and to see the wonderment in his eyes when he's discovered something new is beyond amazing. It's the best feeling in the world when I look at him, smile and he smiles back, almost shyly. It makes my heart so happy! Never been happier. Never felt more settled. Never felt more joy. I've found my place in this world-in the comfort of my family and in the embrace of my son.






Heisel Rules!

PS In an effort to get pictures OFF my computer and into print, I've vowed to print a quarterly picture book for Henry. You can view it on the side bar -------------->

PPS Stay tuned for a Valentine's post- you are NOT gonna wanna miss it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment