To my Big Love-
2009-2010- Your deployment. If there was ever a trying year, this would've been it. Despite the distance, we held it together. I started this blog to document your journey, our journey, to share with family and friends. I won't lie. It was a tough year. Wondering if you were alright, if you were safe. But you made me still feel loved and protected, from all the way across the world. The day you came home, I breathed again for the first time in a year. I remember the plane arriving and seeing you walk into the room in formation. I've never been more proud. Our first embrace, our first kiss was nothing short of amazing. And I thought, "This is happiness; I don't know if it can ever get any better than today because you are safe, you are alive, you are home. I am happy, I have you. And that's all I can hope for in this world."
2011- Your birthday. We had a great visit in KY to the Corvette Museum and to the Caves where you serenaded me with an acoustic guitar performance and you shared your heart by asking me to be your lifetime birthday present. I was shocked because I truly did not expect it. And I thought, "This is happiness; I don't know if it can ever get any better than today because we're getting married and our future is bright! I am happy, I have you. And that's all I can hope for in this world."
2012- Our wedding day. What an amazing day! Surrounded by friends and family, cowgirl boots and rustic decor, we said "I do" in our laid-back style. And I thought, "This is happiness, I don't know if it can ever get any better than today because we are man and wife. I am happy, I have you. And that's all I can hope for in this world."
2013- The day I gave you a son. Early on October 10, 2013, we welcomed our little love. The product of two once lonely souls roaming this world, now so in love, we brought a beautiful miracle into the world. And I thought, "This is true happiness, and I can't imagine anything better than today because I have you. And we have Henry. And that's all I can hope for in this world."
Year by year life keeps getting better and when I'm sure that this year was the best yet, the next one tops it. Whatever life brings us, wherever we may roam, I pray that we always remember we have each other. It started with just the two of us, and one day when we're old and gray it will be just the two of us again, and when that happens I want to think, "This life was happiness, I don't care if it doesn't get any better than today because I am happy, I still have you. And that's all I ever hoped for in this world." Two souls, unexpectedly finding love, figuring out life together. And that, my Dear, that is love.
…………
To My Little Love-
Of all the responsibilities I've ever had, being your momma is my favorite! You make me smile in so many ways that I never knew was possible. You are the BEST Valentine that I could ever ask for. Watching you grow and learn is such a joy. Daddy time with you melts my heart! I love you little guy! Happy FIRST Valentine's Day!
I love you both to the moon and back, and that's a lot! ;) Happy Valentine's Day!
Heisel Rules!















No comments:
Post a Comment