Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Sunday, August 10, 2014

Henry is 10 Months!

My baby boy is 10 months today, August 10th! It's hard to believe that in 2 short months, my newborn baby, my growing roley poley, my little love will be one. Oh I dare not ponder on that too long, after all, I have 2 whole months to try to come to grips with that reality.



It seems as though this little man is growing rapidly. He'll practice something new and have it just about down pat in a couple days! And I dare not look away for too long or else he's either {quietly} scampering up the stairs- this kid is NEVER quiet, except when he is slyly sneaking up the stairs! He's also growing so quickly! We joke that he grows in his sleep because we swear by morning he's at least an inch bigger! And his hair is getting so long- on top and on his left side. The right side is growing a little slower. He still has a ton of hair on top and I get asked if I cut it into a mohawk-nope, that's just Henry's cool self!

He walks holding onto things still, but he has so much confidence doing it now. He holds onto the coffee table and pushes his chest and belly out, and kind of bounces. It's really entertaining to watch! He also has a push toy that he really like walking behind. He has been letting go of whatever he's holding onto and standing still for a few seconds before realizing what he's doing and immediately sits down. He's also responding to music. When he hears music that catches his attention, he'll bounce or sway. Of course he still loves it when Matt plays guitar.

Henry plays shy guy, and he makes the most precious face. He looks away, squints his eyes really tightly, and gets a big, cheesy grin on his face. I haven't been able to capture this on camera yet, but I'd certainly love to remember that face forever. The innocence.

He's starting to understand that Daddy goes bye bye to work, and he'll cry when Matt leaves. :( And then he gets really excited when Matt comes home!

Henry has perfected ma-ma and da-da. He also knows certain commands, like "where's puppy?", "do you want boobie?"- this kid doesn't miss a meal! ;) Speaking of food- he likes yogurt, chicken, egg salad, sweet potatoes, and spaghetti. He won't hardly eat baby food anymore; he's far more interested in what we're eating-hence the entrees listed above. He wouldn't eat his sweet potatoes the other day until I put the gravy on them that we were eating. My lil gourmet baby!

Henry LOVES bathtime. He always has, but now it's fun because he plays with his bath toys. He likes to splash, too. Last month he found his "boy part". I'm still amazed at how young that starts. (He'll be  so mad at me one day for typing that (if he ever reads this!)

Henry loves his Cozy Coupe car. Well, pretty much anything he can stroll in-he loves. But he can honk the horn in the car now.

He loves books. We keep a stack in the living room and he likes to go rearrange read them. He has this one that has a mirror in it and we find him "kissing baby" often. Heart melting, I tell ya!

Henry still has 8 teeth, but with the drooling he's been doing and the fussy bouts, I'm guessing more are soon to come. No fever, though, and the fussies don't usually last long.

Such a fun age. Learning and growing and we get to witness it all, again, through Henry's eyes. Most days I just stare at him in amazement- still, 10 months later, trying to convince myself that we made him. Started from nothing but love and molded into our image. Most of the time he looks like daddy, but when he's asleep, and when he first wakes up-he's all me.

I love this kid and everything that he's brought into my life. I'm tired. I don't get to do what I want to do-pretty much ever, and I'm constantly being followed. That might not sound too appealing at first glance, but the images that come to mind when I think of those- dozing off while holding my sleeping baby boy, playing what HE wants to play and watching him learn, and hearing the dirt and noise follow me around because he loves his momma that much-those, to me, are all pure joy.

Henry- Momma is so proud of you. Every single little thing, and the big things too. You keep growing and I'll keep pinching myself to make sure this is all real.


Heisel Rules! {the Nest}

No comments:

Post a Comment