Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Henry is 11 months!

Eleven months ago I was handed my perfect 9.7 lb baby boy. Every month I take his pictures to compare to the growth of the prior month, and reflect on that beautiful, life-changing day. Most days have me wishing he'd entered my life sooner so I had more time to love him.

In one month's time I will have a one year old. For me this is harder than turning 30. Time feels like it keeps reminding me that it's one year closer to my baby boy becoming a big boy.
I'm quickly snapped back to reality when I think of all this baby has brought to my life, and how much more we have to learn from each other. It makes the prospect of having a ONE year old seem less daunting. ;) Don't get me wrong, I'm proud beyond measure, I just get overwhelmed when I think of the whiplash I'm getting from flying time. They tell ya time flies, but I had no idea it would be lightning speed.



Over the Labor Day weekend he took his first steps! Proud moment. His cousins were visiting and I think they gave him just the encouragement he needed- well really I think he just wanted to keep up.





He has now shunned pretty much anything puréed. He wants to eat what momma and daddy are eating. I'm actually kind of relieved not to have to make special accommodations for his food. I joke that he's become my accountability partner bc he eats half my food now! He's still going strong in breast feeding. He's had moments on our journey when he's made me believe he was going to wean and the next week he'll be back on like he needed to catch up for lost time. I'm beginning to wonder if he'll breast feed til he goes to college. ;)

Daddy taught him how to blow raspberries. He thinks it's funny. Momma thinks otherwise.


No new words, but lots of new sounds. He likes to match pitches with you.

This baby loves to dance! He'll hear a commercial with a catchy tune and I'll find him bouncing to it.

His fave toy this month is a ball.

He loves eskimo and butterfly kisses. He laughs when I do it.

He got his second baby cold/cough. I think he contracted it from the petrie dish called Legoland. That place was swarming with lil walking germs.

He does these incredibly cute faces. One is squinting his eyes and smiling really big, showing his teeth. Precious. His newest expression is raising his eyebrows and making his eyes really large. So cute!


I love this baby so much, all eleven months of him. Never before have I had about 12 emotions running through me at one time; motherhood has a way of doing that to me.





Heisel Rules! {the Nest}

No comments:

Post a Comment