Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Wednesday, March 16, 2011

7 Month Anniversary!

Holy macaroni, Batman!! Seven months down!! Whoo hoo!! I'm pretty sure you already know, but I'm doing a happy dance right now!!! Only 5 more to go...Just 5 more! I try to keep my mind set on the small goals...only 7 weeks/3 days until R&R!! Whoo hoo!

If you haven't already looked, check out the post below that has recent pics of Matt!! Oh, one more thing...Matt doesn't have any current needs or requests, but if you think of it, send him a card or letter in the mail!! He loves getting stuff from us, letting him know we are constantly thinking of him! Right now he is at FOB Tillman so if you need the address, send me an email and I will send it to you: tiaeharris@hotmail.com.

On a more serious note, I want to share with you all that on March 12 there was a casualty in Matt's company, but in a different platoon. I got to talk to Matt yesterday and he informed me that the platoon was on a seperate mission, it was instant and the soldier did not suffer. Matt did not know him personally, but it's always sad to hear of any loss. As we all are aware, there is a risk with putting your life on the line for your country and PFC Rodriguez did this very proudly. Please keep his family in your prayers as they grieve in their loss. Please continue to keep our soldier in your prayers as well! I pray every single day for his safe return to us!



I don't want to end on a somber note. For me, personally, these are reminders that we are not guaranteed tomorrow. It just makes me want to show Matt even more how much I love him, miss him, and appreciate his hard work and dedication to his country! I know that there is no doubt in his mind how much love and support he has from family and friends. He has you all to thank for that!

Talk to me, folks! If you have something to share, leave a comment below!

Heisel Rules!

1 comment:

  1. as always tia - thanks for keeping us posted!! love reading the blog! and WE LOVE YOU MATT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete