Since it's been a minute since I gave you an update, I thought it was due time! This past Wednesday I got to experience for the very first time a Military pack up. The Army contracts with local moving companies and we got to use Covan. A team of 3 people arrived Wednesday at 9am and finished up around 2pm.
Here's a pic of the living room in shambles right before they got started:
Yep, you're seeing that right. That's actually a wreath. Ya, that really happened.
So later on that day when they had left, we go into the garage where our 'outside' type stuff was packed and we saw this:
Once again, this is an Xmas wreath. Hey, if you're gonna be wrong, be consistent. ;)
Another crew of 2 men came back on Thursday at 8:15am and they were done at 1:30pm. There wasn't any entertaining moments to account for, sadly. Just a little anxious watching strangers load our things an take them away.
But, alas, we are now living the high (albeit bare) life! The house is bare and we can now hear the strange echo that comes with an empty home. I'm actually quite surprised by how little we can live without! We've managed to "camp out" with minimal household goods and we're still whipping out pretty good meals! :) Priorities, right?!
Pic of said camp site:
Heisel Rules!
Stay tuned...tomorrow is my love's birthday! :) :)

No comments:
Post a Comment