Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Candied Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies


I've been on a bacon binge during my pregnancy!! But, before you go judging the name, trust me, these are DELICIOUS!! The bacon adds a little salt, which marries perfectly with the sweet of the chocolate. Plus, the candied bacon is yum just by itself! New guilty pleasure?? J


So, this was a pregger craving that I had, but I’ve never had a great chocolate chip recipe. So, I consulted with my friend, Pinterest, and she gave me just what I was looking for!


But I’m also typing it here along with any changes I made.

Ingredients:

For Candied Bacon:
1 pack bacon
½ cup brown sugar

For cookies:
2 cups all purpose flour
½ tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
¾ unsalted butter, melt and then let cool for a few minutes (very important)
2 cups choloate chips (I added the whole package)

For Bacon:
Slice bacon in half to make it easier to handle. Line cookie sheet with foil. Assemble bacon in rows. Cover generously with brown sugar. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. Flip and sprinkle on remaining brown sugar.  Cook for about 10 more minutes, or until crispy. When finished, lay out on cookie rack til cooled/hardened. Chop into small pieces.

Cookie Dough:
Combine flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Sift or mix well. Set aside.

In a blender, combine butter and sugars. When smooth and creamy, add vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Add dry ingredients slowly until just combined.  Don’t overmix. Hand mix in the chocolate chips and candied bacon. Let batter rest for 15 minutes. Spoon onto baking sheet, and bake at 325 for 11-14 minutes, or until edges are just getting golden brown. For crunchier cookie, bake for a little longer. Cool on cookie rack. Enoy!

Heisel Rules! {the Kitchen}


No comments:

Post a Comment