Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year 2014

Wow. 2013. This is the year that I'll always remember, for this year made me a momma. This miracle in itself is awesome but the changes it made in me are even more amazing.

Most little girls dream mostly about their wedding day, but I actually dreamt more about being a mom. (No offense, honey. I LOVED our wedding!) Playing dolls was my favorite, and I knew I was made to be a mom. A few bumps in the road and now I hold the title of mom, and I'm so proud.

I've changed my whole perspective on all things motherhood.- it's harder and easier than I thought. Harder because childbirth tests every emotional/physical limit I didn't even know I had, and I never imagined loving someone so much and being responsible for his every need, for his life. He depends on me. And easier because nothing beats the joy he brings to us. I can't imagine life without him!



I've learned that a mother's body is beautiful, not flawed. I look past stretch marks and now think of the important job they do-to compensate for all the love that momma is growing! These two oversized melons that I've vainly always wished for now provide nourishment for my baby but will one day not be so perky, and my flabby belly provides a perch in which my baby can rest while I'm nursing him or holding him in my arms and rocking him. And this scar below my bikini line represents the final moment when my son and I were one. It's true, my body will never be the same again, but the happiness I get when I see my sweet baby boy far outweighs any happiness I thought I had before. If my body had to change to reach this level of happiness, then it's worth it.

You wanna know the best part? My son loves me as I am- I, alone, am enough. Even better? My husband says he loves me even more now! How is that possible?! :)

during pregnancy


after pregnancy
I still find amazement in the fact that I grew a human-my squishy baby boy, and nothing will compare to that! Nothing. Just the thought that I housed two heartbeats instead of just one still amazes me! When I look at my baby boy I see his handsome father, I see his bright future, I see love. I've never been more proud of something I made. He's my greatest accomplishment to date for sure.

2 weeks

2 weeks

2 weeks

2 weeks
And as I sit here gazing at my husband sleeping soundly on the couch and listening to the hum of the baby swing swaying back and forth nestling one of my dearest treasures, I couldn't imagine a more perfect year or night. I'm here, I'm well, and I'm so happy!


I'm not big on resolutions in the new year, so instead I'll simply focus on one word-Joy. As we welcome 2014, I'll focus on finding more joy- joy in the little things, the big things and all the things in between. Just joy. I pray that each of you get everything that you wish for out of the new year, and I wish you all the happiness that I have discovered, that has discovered me. I'm blessed beyond measure, and I'm delighted to see what the future holds!


Happy New Year!

Heisel Rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment