About Henry-
Henry has been making strides doing life! This lil late arriver is starting to "talk" more. He says "ahgoo", and "oo", "coo", "hoo" (we call him baby owl), and a variety of other sounds. He loves when you say "Oooooo" to him, with BIG eyes and wide, open mouth! He's starting mimicking facial expressions and sounds. Matt was teaching him "oo" last night and Henry was copying him. So sweet! Sometimes Henry gets this look like he's taking it all in and you can almost see his brain growing. I remember back to the Bio Physical Profile ultrasound that we had done of him at 41 weeks. The tech said that he had a LOT of brain activity and even called his brain 'beautiful'. Oh shucks! ;)
This lil guy has been grabbing things a lot more lately. Yep, that means he's found momma's long hair! He doesn't quite pull yet, but I know it's comin soon!
Kicking! Oh the kicking! He has the strongest lil chubby thighs and legs! He kicks me all the time when we're cuddling or even when I'm just holding him. He likes to practice standing, assisted of course! We were just watching him tonight pull his little legs up in the air when he was laying on his back. I'm thinking he will be discovering his lil toes before long!
He is focusing more on objects now. He has a toy zebra that we hang on his stroller and carseat and he stares at it. He also has a play mat (jungle gym) with things that hang over his head to look at. He stares and "talks" to the stuffed monkey that hangs down. It's so adorable to see him try to interact with monkey. The funny thing is, there's a toucan and and elephant he could talk to, but he chooses monkey! We put up our Christmas tree this past week and got twinkling/blinking lights and he's starting notice them. He likes lights.
Henry is happiest in life in the morning. I'm always greeted by him with wide eyes and big grin. Nothing wakes me up better than that! Better than coffee in the morning, well, almost! ;)
We did his unofficial measurements at home tonight and he is 17 pounds and about 25 inches long! BIG, healthy boy! We've had to move up to size 2 diapers already!! I prepared ahead of time and bought diapers before he was born, like LOTS of diapers. Now, I have several boxes of unused size 1 diapers! Oh well, at least he's healthy, and diapers never expire!
Still hard to believe that big baby was growing in me! I made him! :) We spend a lot of time analyzing his looks, trying to figure out who he looks like most. Well, I'm pretty sure Matt plucked him right out of his butt because he looks SO MUCH like Matt! That's ok, though, because Daddy's a handsome guy! ;)
Well, just like any doting mother, I could go on and on about how wonderful motherhood is and how I just adore my new little family, but I'll spare everyone all the details. Take my word, I LOVE this new lil dude and everything about him! I think I'll keep him! ;)
Truth is, I fall more in love with him everyday.
Heisel Rules!













No comments:
Post a Comment