Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Tuesday, March 3, 2015

WW Friendly- Fruit Salsa

I love fruit. Fruit is what makes WW easier for me, I believe. I like that I can depend on it for the versatility of a dessert or snack, and this one really delivers in the yummo department-and no stretch pants needed!




I found a fruit salsa recipe on Pinterest, but it had a lot of sugar added so I decided to adjust my recipe to make it WW friendly. Just a note- my recipe involves adding a handful of different fruit, there's no real, hard-fast measurements needed. Add what you like, or in my case, what you have on hand. I love flexible recipes. :)

Fruit Salsa with baked cinnamon tortilla chips

Salsa
1 Fuji apple
1/2 pack strawberries
handful of blueberries
handful grapes
juice of half an orange
pinch of cinnamon
1 tsp brown sugar (or any sugar-I chose brown because I like the flavor)

Dir.
Finely chop each fruit. Halve an orange and squeeze the juice of 1 half over top. No orange? It's ok, squeeze on some lemon juice. Sprinkle with sugar. Toss to coat, and refrigerate.

Yields about 2 cups
WWP+ 0

Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
1 medium tortilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp brown sugar

WWP+ 5 points for 6 wedges (these are point heavy, but I'm sure you can find tortillas that have less points)

Dir.
Cut a tortilla in half, turn and cut in half again, and one more time- til you have 6 wedges. Spray a lined baking sheet with non stick spray. Lay tortillas down in a single layer. Spray the top of tortillas with non stick spray and quickly (before they dry) sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. The non stick spray helps the cinnamon and sugar to stick. Bake under low broiler for about 5 minutes (until they start to look golden and sorta lift up in the centers), then flip to the other side and bake another 3-4 minutes. Be sure to watch them; I accidentally left a batch in there and they got really done, really quickly! Learn from my mistake! ;)



You can serve these warm or cool. You can even top the fruit with some zero point, guilt free non fat whip cream.
……….

If you'd like a lower point way to indulge, try adding the fruit salsa to a whipped cream topped rice cake.



Enjoy!

Heisel Rules! {the Kitchen}

No comments:

Post a Comment