Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Friday, March 13, 2015

WW 2.0- Week 3 and a Dessert Recipe

Week 3 DOWN! And down 2 pounds! Whoo! Despite the fact that I've only lost 7 pounds, my clothes are fitting much better! It's hard for me to notice a physical difference, otherwise, because I see myself everyday, but the neighbor mentioned it so I guess it's working! ;)

Last week I forgot to post, but I didn't have any weight loss. I started to feel down about it, but Matt reminded me that there's other measures than just a scale…like better fitting clothes! AND I started being more deliberate about exercising last week so I think I threw my body off for a week. The first time I did WW, I didn't workout, just the occasional yard maintenance, but I didn't have weight loss for about month either. This time is just different. I do realize that there will be weeks where I will lose, and some weeks where I won't, but sticking with it is the only thing that will ensure results!

Just to keep it real- this past week I worked my points so I could eat a piece of cheesecake, drink a light Starbucks drink, and eat my favorite breakfast cereal-Lucky Charms…all without touching my cheat points! It's all about portion control and planning ahead!

To keep it even more real- since I've had Henry, I've developed an affinity for sweets. That's a challenge on WW. Soo…in honor of week 3, I'm sharing a low point recipe for a dessert!

My family used to make a delicious version of this, but the sugar and fat content was a lot more. This version tastes just as good, and practically guilt free! Plus, I like that I can make a smaller batch of these, and they're so easy to whip up!

No Bake Oatmeal Bites

1/4 cup brown sugar (or you can use granulated, but I like the flavor of brown) *You could even use less, as these are plenty sweet.
2 tsp cocoa powder
2 Tbsp almond milk
2 Tbsp Crunchy Peanut Butter (I did 1Tbsp Crunchy and 1Tbsp Creamy since Henry will be eating)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 Cup Quick Oats (I had to add a little extra to thicken it up a bit)
dash salt

Dir.
Microwave sugar, cocoa powder, and almond milk for 1 minute. Add peanut butter, vanilla, and salt, and stir. Add oats and stir til it's all combined. Using a small scoop, scoop out 12 balls, and place on wax paper. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes, until they're firm. Try not to eat them up before they're firm…they're actually really good warm too!

1 P+ each.



Enjoy…practically guilt free!!

Heisel Rules! {the Kitchen}

No comments:

Post a Comment