Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Thursday, June 2, 2011

Did you think I forgot?!

Hello one and all!
Tia: Is anyone there?? (cricket, cricket) hmm... maybe they think I forgot about 'em!?
I apologize for the delay in correspondence! I have been busy catching up on my double life! ;)
Of course I’m kidding! I’m back to my busy, busy work! Being off for 2 weeks was worth it, but now I have stacks of work to catch up on!
I had an epiphany yesterday when someone told me the date….JUNE 1!!!!! Now, we can say, Matt will home next month! Oh how that makes me so happy! Those sad lonely days are now a thing of the past because now and I have a new focus…the end is near…in a good way! ;)
Matt and I had an amazing visit while he was home on his R&R! Things he did a lot of: eating, sleeping, playing guitar and surfing craigslist! Oh, and a lot of cuddling with his honey! J  He came to me skinny and left with tight fitting pants! MISSION COMPLETE! Operation ‘Fatten up Matt” was a success!
I snapped this photo slyly...

When his mom asked him what he wanted to do most he said, “Come home and play house with Tia”. Maybe I shouldn’t have exposed his raw emotion, but I thought it was such a sweet gesture, I just had to share! Just melts a girls heart!
While he was home, we took a trip to Nashville. He wanted to check out Guitar Center and I had other things on the agenda, like, looking at furniture for instance… Matt had just a couch in the living room and it really wasn’t enough furniture to seat more than 2 comfortably, so he picked up a really nice leather furniture set from a store in Nashville. It really helps to make it look ‘homey’!
Matt modeling the new furniture! Passed the sleeping test! ;)
This is one of him being silly, but it makes me smile!

Alas, the 2 weeks came to an end and I had to send him off on a jet plane. Can’t help but think of this song whenever he leaves…

Only difference is that I KNOW when he will be home, sort of… he informed us that his redeployment date (back to the states) was going to be a whole month early!! HOLD THE PHONE…did he say ONE month?! What could my wondering ears be hearing! I just got to talk to him the other day and he said that the date has since changed, no surprise. I’ve learned not to hold my breath, but rather to EXPECT change! So, for now, the date will be sometime at the end of July. Still not holding my breath! However, early is early and I’ll take it!!
He is back at Tillman, for now. There were talks of sending him to Munoz, but when I spoke to him yesterday, he hadn’t left for it yet.
One important note: The last day to mail anything to Matt is July 1. So, if there’s anything you want to send to him, do it before then. I asked him if he needed anything and he said no, not really. Truth be told, if you mailed him some magazines, I think he would read them! J I will be sending a package this month with some basic supplies: gum, starbursts, skittles, kit kat… You know, the essentials! ;)
Thank you all for listening, or reading rather, to the post! Our man is safe and well and ready to come back home! Keep Matt in your thoughts and prayers and hopefully in 7 weeks, we will be welcoming him back home for good!
HEISEL RULES!

No comments:

Post a Comment