Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Monday, March 10, 2014

Henry is 5 Months!

Henry is 5 months old today! 


This lil guy is growing, growing, growing! Everyday I look at him and he's changing! Current height- 26.5 inches Weight-18 lbs.

It has been a very busy month for this little dude! He has done soo much! Here's his current resume-

Henry Marshall Heisel

Henry is very alert; he doesn't let much get by without checking it out. He is an active listener with strong interpersonal skills, (although he mostly prefers Momma). He is motivated and determined. :)

Skills & attributes:
Has a tooth! (his front left)
Rolled over both ways-back to belly first and most recently, belly to back!
Pulls his knees up while on his belly-he's gonna be crawling soon!
Can sit unassisted (mostly with arms to support) for a few minutes before he topples over.
Babbles and has said a new sound…mmm
Recognizes Daddy by voice (without seeing him first)
LOVES it when Daddy plays guitar.
Likes texture. He scratches his fingers and nails on everything.
Sleeps well thru the night. (only wakes a coupe times to eat)
Had his first bite of real food- baby whole wheat cereal and applesauce. He didn't care much for applesauce, but he seems to enjoy the wheat cereal.
Notices Bella (the dog) and even laughs when she barks.
Is attached to Mommam like really!
Spent his first night without Daddy. :(
His first outside play time!

We had gorgeous pre-Spring weather today (in the high 60's) so we took advantage by going outside to enjoy the much-needed sunshine! Once Henry warmed up to the brightness, he loved it!

serious baby
smart baby

friendly baby (with Sophie)

happy baby

first tooth!
This little boy is growing so quickly! I read Parents Magazine for the monthly development milestones, and he's always ahead, which I'm always so proud of! I'm so glad that he's healthy and growing, but I wish I knew how to bottle up these days and store them forever!

I have these moments of clarity throughout the day that remind me to take it all in- to stop, close my eyes, and breathe-to remember these fleeting moments, the small ones that get lost in the hustle and bustle of a "busy" day, and to intentionally think about the way I felt right then, right now. Like the way his chubby fingers touch things in discovery, how happy I get when I hear him laugh (I'm certain my heart will explode with love), how his smile in the morning brightens my entire day. I realize that one day I'll be replaced by a younger woman, one that I hope I can give as much love to as him. But for now, right this moment, he's all mine and I'll continue to enjoy him, even on those stressful days when nothing seems like enough.

I'll probably still yearn for these days when he's all grown up, when he depended solely on me, but I hope I can also be at peace knowing that I did all I could to take in each moment, to live for the present and not be a slave to the past. It makes my heart happy and ache at the same time, a feeling I'm not quite accustomed to. I suppose one day I'll get used to it-after the countless bumps and booboos that will undoubtedly hurt me more than him. Until then, I'll kiss and snuggle him as often as I can.

My Mom said to me today, "...little boys hold your heart forever", and I hope that's true because my heart was no longer mine the day he was born.



















Five months have come and gone, and if it's even possible, I love him more everyday.

Heisel Rules! 

No comments:

Post a Comment