Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Thursday, March 6, 2014

Simple Cream Cheese Apple Dip

Several years ago my family and I attended a baby shower where they served this glorious apple dip, along side granny smith apples. I admit that I had a little bit of apple with {a lot of} dip. We loved it SOO much that we asked the hostess for the recipe, to which she gave up much easier than I would've thought! ;) We've been making it ever since then, but I've adapted it a little bit...because I kept losing the original recipe…errr I mean, to taste. Let's not get caught up in the details, k? Just look how smooth and creamy it looks! ;)



Not only is this super yummy, but it's also super simple.

The goods:
1 pack cream cheese, softened (just leave it out for about an hour)
4 Tbsp brown sugar (add more or less to taste)
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
splash of lemon juice
tiny pinch of salt
apples, sliced

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined. You can mix with a blender if you'd like, but you can totally mix this by hand really easily, and NOT have to clean those dreaded beaters…with your tongue water! ;)

Serve in your favorite piece of Fiestaware with any apples you love. Tastes especially yummy with granny smiths, that sweet with a little sour of the apple. I only had Braeburn apples on hand and I can attest that it tastes amazing with them as well! It's so good that I dare you NOT to eat it in one sitting. :)

Enjoy!

Heisel Rules! (the Kitchen}

No comments:

Post a Comment