Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Monday, March 24, 2014

Taco Chicken Lettuce Wraps

I love chicken. I love chicken cooked different ways. However, I sometimes feel like I run out of ways to prepare it, it gets boring. Know what I mean? I made Skillet Enchiladas the other night and happened to have leftover seasoning, which prompted this yummy chicken recipe! :)



This recipe is so easy and tastes so yummy, and the best part? It's really good for you!

What you need:
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp taco seasoning
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup onion, sliced
2 lettuce leaves (I used green leaf lettuce, but you can use any kind)
1 chicken breast, sliced against the grain
1 piece of provolone cheese, optional

Prepare:
Heat oil in pan on medium heat. Sprinkle 1/2 of the taco seasoning on the chicken and add to pan once the oil is hot. Cook chicken until just about done. Add mushrooms and onions, and cook for about 3-5 minutes. You don't want the mushrooms to get soggy looking. Sprinkle remaining taco seasoning over the contents of the pan, stir, and cook additional 2 minutes. Turn off heat, add cheese on top.

Wash lettuce leaves and dry. Add 1/2 of the chicken/veg to each lettuce leaf. And enjoy! 

Heisel Rules! {the Kitchen}

No comments:

Post a Comment