Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Friday, February 20, 2015

WW 2.0

About four years ago I challenged myself to do the Weight Watchers Points Plus Program. I was very hesitant, and thought I'd already unsuccessfully tried everything to lose weight to feel healthy again, surely this would be a failure…and I'd be out the cost too. To my surprise it was a success, and the cost was actually a driving factor that made me stick to it! Who wants to lose money, AmIRight?! It took 3 months, but I lost about 25 pounds! It was not instant, but it was a great lifestyle change.
……….
Fast forward to the current me- 4 years, a marriage, 2 moves, and a baby later- I have gained some (not all) of that back, and so I'm restarting the program. (Well, I started on February 19). I already feel good, but I feel like I can be doing better. Ya know? And truthfully, pregnancy and child birth do crazy things to your body. Like, really crazy. Things aren't where I left them, sadly. I'm proud that my body housed my baby for 42.1 weeks, but now I want to try to regain some of my former healthy body back.

And I'm attempting to be healthier overall, to be a good example for my son.

And, I have a box FULL of super cute, perfectly good clothes begging to be worn again. ;)

So, I know this topic isn't popular and people have opinions... and like a butt, everyone has one. I know we should all like our bodies no matter what, and I do, really, BUT this is my reasoning, and this is what worked for me. I'm not trying to be skinny, that doesn't look good one me, I've already tried…a long time ago. I want to look healthy, and that should never be argued. :)

So, my big goal is to lose 15 pounds (and tone up)- which doesn't sound like a lot, but I SWEAR it's so much harder to lose weight a.when you're older, and b.when you've had a baby. But what's great about WW is that you make small, achievable goals and eventually you get to your big goal-over time.

I'm sharing this for accountability, mostly, but since I've done this once successfully (and hope to again), I also want to be an encourager to anyone else in the same place. So, I'll be sharing more healthy alternatives for food, along with some seriously enticing photographic evidence. ;)

Wish me luck encouragement!

Heisel Rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment