Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What?? It's already February?!

It’s already the FIRST of February! Can you believe it?! Me neither! J Well, it's t-minus 13 days til Valentine's Day! Are you already planning something special for your sweetie??

I got to talk to my LOVE yesterday! YAY! It had been quite a bit since our last chat...nearly 2 weeks! Much too long if you ask me! He had to go to one of their checkpoints for several days. They don’t have phone or internet connection there… L He is currently back at Tillman for the short time being. I guess they will be taking a hiking trip in a couple of days while making their way back to Munoz.

Matt said that yesterday he got a….huh…DAY OFF!! Hold the phone…shuuuut up! Did he say a DAY OFF! Did he mean, like, a day withOUT having to do work or hike the mountains up hill, both ways, in the snow, with no shoes…like, that kind of day off??  hmm..

Those do not exist when you are the property of the US Government! I mean, all work and no play makes a grown man cranky, but 24/7 is his sentence…I mean duty! J I was so very surprised that he got a MUCH needed/deserved day to rest and relax! He spent it watching a movie, taking a nap, playing guitar and, well, I guess there was a little paper work that was required. Other than that, our man is doing gaaareat!
I have to say a special thanks to you all for, once again, helping me out with a project for our man!! It turned out so good!! I cannot wait to show it to you all!! I have scanned images, but I am working on decreasing the file size (59MB wowza folks!) so I can put it on here for you all to see the generous fruits of our labor!! The package was sent off today!!! Yay!! Thank you all for your help!! I hope Matt knows how loved he is!!

I hope all is well with everyone! Hopefully the storm that came through today wasn't too rough on you all!
I'm wishing you all love and sunshine!

Heisel Rules!!

No comments:

Post a Comment