Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Thursday, January 19, 2012

You amaze ME!

So, 5 days ago I entered into a little contest. A wedding contest. With goods worth $8,500. Yep, with that many zeros! That's not the real reason I entered though. The real reason is Matt. No, he didn't force me. As a matter of fact, it wasn't even his idea. It's because Matt is amazing. He gives me more than I ask for and more than I deserve sometimes. I took a small pay cut to move here and thus, he's been funding a good bit of the wedding thus far, and happy to do so. I try not to get too crazy with my vision of the perfect day and keep it to a reasonable, manageable budget. I'm actually saving us a lot by doing most of the details myself. Which I thoroughly enjoy. But, this was MY chance to actually provide for HIM for a change. Or the possibility of.

Little did I know, though, that this little contest would bring on MUCH more than just my provision and some prizes. It is the votes that get me all teary eyed and sappy hearted. People LOVE us. They really do. Not that we needed a vote to validate that fact, but my oh my. I remember when we hit 30 votes and how excited I was. I was amazed that I could wrangle up that many people to vote in support of us. Now that we are at 210, and 30 seems so long ago, I still get excited with each and every vote.

Thankful is what I am. Very thankful. And even if we don't win the contest, we are still winners because we are surrounded by people that love us and support us, and that is priceless.

Heisel Rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment