We had our second visit to the birthing center yesterday. Just a quick back story on that- I met a wonderful group of ladies at a photoshoot about 2 months ago. I was the only one pregnant; they had all had wonderful birth experiences, and until that time, I had only heard the horror stories that mothers tell. I was so fearful that I just knew I wanted to have "drugs" at birth so I didn't have to feel this same pain that the horror stories engrained in my brain. However, hearing these amazing, inspiring women tell me that they birthed at home in a pool, or at a birthing center (yes, drug free), I became curious. How could they do it successfully when all the other woman I've talked to had traumatic experiences? I remember telling Matt about how inspiring they were, so about a month ago we decided that we wanted a more personalized birth experience, one that, we feel, a hospital could not give-introducing New Birth Company! As soon as we visited, we knew this was the place that we wanted to be when we introduce Henry to the world! And here we are! All I needed was the encouragement that these ladies, unknowingly, gave me. We also hired a wonderful doula who will assist during the labor and delivery!
So, now we are having weekly visits to see the midwife. The visit with the midwife was great! Henry is growing fine and I'm still very healthy. At NBC, they do not check my cervix until 40 weeks. They believe that checking internally can give a false sense of hope, and they also believe that things will happen naturally. So, now we are just waiting on the signs of labor. I've been having stronger Braxton-Hicks, but not really anything pointing to labor just yet. At this point, Henry is considered full term so, really, he could come anytime he wants now. :) Better get those bags packed STAT!
We have another ultrasound next week to check the growth of the fibroid inside my uterus, but I'm praying that it hasn't grown. I just don't want the birthing center to have any reason to be concerned, thus sending us to the hospital to birth. ;/
Henry's space is almost done! We have his crib, changer/dresser, and rocking chair in place, we just have to finish hanging the decor. Matt has been amazing at staying calm to my decor demands! ;) I swear, I change my mind even more now than I did before. I have such a hard time making decisions
My Currents-
Cravings- rootbeer (still), Arizona tea, watermelon
Still see my feet? Not really now. I have to bend even further forward to see them. I've noticed that I bend forward pretty much all the time when standing near a counter, etc. because of how far the bump is protruding.
Henry's Position- His body hangs out mostly on the right side, and his legs and arms on the left side. He's been head down nearly the entire pregnancy. We've affectionately been calling the bump "egg" because of its shape, and we laugh when the "egg" is misshapen- meaning that Henry is pushing out on a particular side. It's actually comical to see. Most times we can see his butt {or something rigid} pushing out on the top.
Feelings- Getting really excited to meet him! And I'm actually getting anxious to see what this birthing thing is all about. I'm determined, however, to make it my experience and "refuse to accept another's experience as my own" (quote from Hypnobirthing). We feel so calm and at peace at the birthing center, so I'm confident in our choice!
Well, that's all til next week...or until Henry decides he wants out, whichever comes first!
Heisel Rules! {the Bump}

No comments:
Post a Comment