Couple things wrong with this photo- bad posture (from holding this kid up) and the look on my face (I cropped it out, but it was basically saying...A.NY.TIME now!). But, alas, it is what it is!
I've heard of people getting this far and just being ready to be done. The truth is, I'm just ready to meet this lil man! He has a whole slew of people waiting on standby to see his sweet lil (or chubby) face! :)
We had our 40 week appt with the midwife on Monday, and even though we were a little early she checked me and we are 50% effaced (soft cervix) and about 1-1.5 CM dilated, but still a little posterior. The midwife seemed very pleased with the way we are progressing, and since this is our first rodeo, we were too! We go back tomorrow to meet the last midwife that we haven't met yet. That is, if we don't go into labor tonight, and in that case, we see whomever is on call! ;) Hopefully we'll have made progress! Fingers crossed!
My mom flew into town last night and we got out this afternoon to try to walk around a bit and see if we could get things moving. Now I'm just having random Braxton-Hicks. The key is to get in the car and drive and suddenly they come on! Matt said I need to take a ride on the 4 wheeler to get things moving faster; I politely declined! ha! ;)
So, today, I celebrate my birthday without my lil guy in my arms. But he's not late, right? After all, a due date is just a guess, right? Whatever day he chooses is the day he is meant to be born. Just so you know, Henry, we're ready and it's AWESOME out here! :)
Thank you to all my sweet friends and family for the birthday wishes; I appreciate each and every one! Here's to another year of adventure as we go from 2 to 3!
Special thanks to my sweet mister who surprised me with birthday flowers, a card and an iPad mini! Woot! Thanks, baby! I love you!
Heisel Rules! {the Bump}

No comments:
Post a Comment