Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Saturday, September 21, 2013

All About the Belly & My Must-Haves!

So, while we're waiting on baby Henry to decide what day he wants to be his birthday, I thought it would be fun to do some belly comparisons! First of all, I have to add quickly- our niece JJ and nephew  Kyler pronounce Henry's name- Hennery. JJ even made us a sign a couple months back that spelled his name that way. I think it's precious! I think about that every time I type Henry's name.

Let's start this belly journey at the beginning, shall we?...

Pre Pregger Pic
(My waist actually existed at one time!) ;)


This was the day that I gave Matt the good news! I was all of 3.5 weeks pregger. Yes, it's possible to know that early. We were trying so I was paying close attention and did a pregnancy test that morning after Matt left for work. I made that sign and was waiting for him by the door when he got home. :)

I only thought my belly was large at this point! ha!



Here's a collage starting at 16 weeks (when the bump was most noticeable) until now! :)


Pretty crazy to see how big the belly has gotten! I'm glad that it takes a period of time to grow or else it might be more of a shock! ;)

I'm gonna double this post with some of my favorite items that I use to take care of the bump!

Pregger MUST-Haves

1. First up- I cannot live without Palmer's Cocoa Butter Skin Therapy Oil! 


I use this stuff EVERY night. I slather on a thick layer of it and then just rock the pulled up shirt til it soaks in some. I honestly believe that this has aided in no stretch marks! My only belly blemish is above my belly button, where I thought I was being cute and got a belly button ring a long time ago. Ya, I'm regretting that now! ah, C'est la Vie... whatcha gonna do?! Go ahead, rub it on any area that needs extra moisture to stretch (thighs, boobs, back, booty)- You won't regret it!


2. Second must have is the belly band. 


I got one in white and one in black from Target when I was around 12 weeks pregnant. I have used those babies ever since. Initially it was so that I could wear my pre-pregger jeans longer, but now I like the idea of the bump being held tight. These were only $16, which was very reasonable as I've seen them way more at other stores.
Here's the link: http://www.target.com/p/be-maternity-beband-assorted-colors/-/A-10949803#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=belly+band  I';; be using those babies when I poop Henry out as well. I've heard that skin snaps back easier when it's held tight! 



3. My third must have are ANY pants that have a full belly panel. 
(Motherhood shorts) Like this, but gray...

Before I was pregnant, I thought these looked uncool and I probably wouldn't like it, but when you're prego, you'll do ANYTHING for confort! My summer staple are my Motherhood Maternity Cargo type shorts. Lemme tell you, I LOVE to dress up and be cutesy, but there are also times when I like to just be comfy, ya know?! These are the BEST! They have a full belly panel (Motherhood calls this "secret fit belly", but I call it amazing!), and they are made of a wonderful material that it just loose enough to be comfy, and doesn't make you sweat. I actually bought them from Goodwill, so I'm having trouble locating the exact ones online to show you, but there are close... http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=94305050030&MasterCategory_Id=MC4 I also found the cargo pants at Goodwill as well, and loved those just as much!


4. My next must have is a twofer- Mary Kay TimeWise Cleanser and Microderm Replenish Cream (this is step 2 of the microderm set). 
I usually use the TimeWise Moisturizer, but I have found that my skin changed so much during pregnancy that I needed the extra moisture. I would use the Microderm Refine cream (step1 of the set), but it was very minimal since my skin has turned very sensitive. The moisturizer, however, came in handy early on when my belly was getting these small dry patches. I'd put some of the 'Normal Skin' Moisturizer on the spots and it went away within a day. Miraculous!


5. My next must have are sports bras! 


My fave is a Champion Criss-Cross bra! It has the closure in the back so I didn't have to force it over my head. Remember earlier when I said I liked comfort, well these babies deliver, and without looking like I have a uniboob! The web page said Max Support for a reason. Especially helpful in the first tri-mester when girls are tender! ;) I'm such a bargain hunter that I bought this at a bargain store, but here's a link to the exact one...http://www.essentialapparel.com/champion-womens-custom-criss-cross-seamless-max-support-sports-bra.html


6. Another must have are my tennis shoes. 



I've never been a big tennis shoe wearer, except when working out, until I got pregnant. I got severe hip pain around month 4, thanks to hormones, and had to go to physical therapy. My therapist recommended a good pair of shoes. So I went to a store that specializes in shoes and bought for comfort, not style. There's a first time for everything! ;) I got a pair of Brooks Ghost with extra corrective insoles, and they are super comfy. Again, they've been a staple the whole pregnancy! (as I was looking for a pic on google, I noticed they are now conveniently priced MUCH lower than I paid just 4 months ago. ugh.)



7. My next must-have share are my stretchy tank tops.
Here's a pic of me wearing one...see how it stretches nicely over the bump?

I got these from the PX so I'm not sure I can find a link, but I have WORN these out! I bought several colors and I'm so glad I did. They are made of 94% Nylon and 6% Spandex. You can tell by the blend what kind of stretch these babies have! They are ruched on the sides so they expand well! They'll be great even after Henry is here as I can pull them down to breastfeed and layer with a cardie this fall and winter. Thinkin ahead, folks! ;)

8. My final must-have is this guy-
(uhh a less creepy looking version of him anyways) ;)


Yes, he has tried my pregger patience on more than one occasion (some due to those fun pesky hormones), but he has been so very supportive, patient, and loving, and that's what helps a pregger get through the entire nine months! He's all my other must-haves wrapped into one- comfort, support, blemish patrol (fixes my emotional issues). He's been a great hubby and he'll be even better at Daddy Duty! Can't wait to see him in that role!

Well, I'll wrap it up here. I have MANY more likes, but I think this about cover the top ones. Have a happy Saturday! Chat soon!

Heisel Rules! {the Bump}

No comments:

Post a Comment