Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Thursday, June 6, 2013

24 weeks

It feels surreal to type that title: 24 weeks. I can't believe how fast it seems to be going now! One month closer to seeing the lil man! We're considering getting the 3D ultrasound at the end of this month. It would be so cool to see how much he's grown and the chub that he's been accumulating! I wanna know who he's gonna look like!?


He's laying super low! He's supposed to double in size within the next couple weeks. Whew! I'm already running outta room in the womb soo I'm wondering where he's gonna try to stretch to. Last month the lil dude was head up (breach) so I'm hoping this time he is starting to get into position. Although, my OB assured me that they will move in circles until about 7 months or so. Speaking of OB, we got a letter today saying our OB is leaving at the end of August. :( Go figure, we find someone we really like, and she leaves...right before we're due. So sad. :( On the hunt for a new dr. Although, maybe this is the best time to switch to a midwife, which is what I wanted in the first place.

This last month has been kinda crazy. I began cramping at about 18 weeks and it last for about a month. These were no "round ligament" cramps, or "dehydration" cramps, or even "over exhaustion" cramps. These were intense, severe, unending cramps. I thought I was going to deliver my lil guy at 18 weeks. To make a long story short, it took countless calls to doctors and 3 office visits to 2 different doctors to find out that I had a bacterial infection that was causing the cramping.  A weeks dose of antibiotic, and I was back to normal, well, normal for 22 weeks! I was very upset that I had been in that much pain for that long, before I got to see MY doctor for the true diagnosis. I'm so glad to be over that though. Now I feel like I can enjoy the rest of the pregnancy, well sorta. ;) Maybe that pain was to prepare me for the real deal!

All that to say, if you think there's something wrong, don't let your doctor(s) tell you any differently. Don't let them make you feel silly for making a complaint about pain. You know your body better than anyone else. SO, keep pushing until you get the answers you need/until you are satisfied. I'm sure glad I did! :)

Other than that, it's just the typical swollen feet, achy back, uncomfortable/sleepless nights. I'm sure glad to have my hubby though. The nightly foot rubs sure help out a lot! Plus, he puts up with the new me- snoring, passing gas, bloating, moody, sometimes emotional, and hormonal. I bet somedays he thinks, "Where did my wife go?!" Thanks, Lover! {muah}

This week we celebrate one whole year of marriage! Where does time go?...seems like yesterday. Love you, honey! :)

Heisel Rules! {the Bump)

No comments:

Post a Comment