SO back to the Pinterest drawing board where I found another recipe that looked easy and yummy! And since I didn't have a pre-made pie crust, and I didn't want to actually make the crust from scratch, I needed a recipe that called for crescent rolls, which is all I had on hand. This is what I found and tweaked- http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quick-quiche-2/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=quiche&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe
The great thing about quiche is that you can add whatever you like! Below is my rendition based on what was in my fridge.
Ingredients:
1 pack of garlic butter crescent rolls
6 eggs
3 Tbsp milk (any kind)
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp parsley, chopped (optional, but I love parsley)
1/2 pack of bacon cooked and chopped (I make my bacon in the oven-perfect crispiness)
1/4 cup rotisserie chicken (this was leftover in my fridge)
1/2 cup broccoli, chopped and steamed
1/2 cup cauliflower, chopped and steamed
1/2 cup onion, diced
3/4 cup cheddar cheese (or whatever kind you'd like)
3 triangles of Laughing Cow Light Garlic Herb cheese (you can use cream cheese or just leave it out)
Roll out crescent dough and lay over pie pan (or whatever pan you have) and up the sides. (I used an oval Fiesta platter because that's all I have on hand.) Nothing is against the rules! ;) Bake in 350 oven for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes.
While the crust is baking, mix together eggs, milk, pepper, salt, and parsley. Set aside.
When crust has cooled some, spread the Laughing Cow cheese triangles over the top of it. Like I said above, you can skip this step if you'd like, it really didn't make that big of a difference.
Layer all other ingredients over the top. Then top with egg mixture. Rub some of the egg mixture over the edges of the crust, like an egg wash, for a golden crust.
Bake in 350 oven for 30-45 minutes, or until the center is solid. My pan is about 1 1/2 inches deep (not really deep) and it took about 40-45 minutes total.
Let cool for about 10 minutes and then enjoy! Wife tested, husband approved! :)
Heisel Rules! {the Kitchen}





No comments:
Post a Comment