Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread/Muffins

I typed this recipe on my other blog, but since then I've decided that I'm just going to keep it simple, and use this blog to hold my recipes and all other DIY things. Plus, I've tweaked this recipe again to include some chocolate. Yum!

This recipe is so easy, moist and delicious! Banana bread is one of those things that can be consumed year round. I usually do this as a loaf, but since I had enough bananas to make 2 batches, I decided I'd do muffins as well. And since my cravings are guided by the tiny one I'm baking in my belly, I wanted to add some chocolate chips. I didn't want the chocolate to overpower, though, so I went easy on the amount I used.



Ingredients:
4 bananas, mashed
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar, plus 2 Tbsp set aside (use to sprinkle on top)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips (You can add as much or as little, or none)
1 small container of hazelnut spread (optional, but sooo good)

Directions:
Mash bananas and add melted butter, vanilla, and egg. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients slowly. Add chocolate chips (optional). Stir until just combined.

*If making a loaf, prepare pan with non stick spray. Spread half the batter in the bottom of the pan, spread the hazelnut spread on top of that. With a knife, make swirls in the batter, somewhat combining the hazelnut spread. Spread the other half of the batter on top and make swirls again, this time pulling the knife up each time so the hazelnut spread combines with the top layer. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp of brown sugar on top to make a sweet, crunchy topping. Bake in 350 oven for 1 hour. To test if they are done- toothpick/knife inserted should come out mostly clean.

*If making muffins, use tin liners so they don't stick. Just barely mix hazelnut spread in with the batter to make it look marbled. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop one full scoop in each muffin tin. Sprinkle the 2 Tbsp brown sugar that you set aside on top to make a sweet, crunchy topping. Bake in 350 oven for about 30 minutes. To test if they are done- toothpick inserted should come out mostly clean.

Enjoy with some butter in the center! Store in an air tight container.

Heisel Rules! {the Kitchen)

No comments:

Post a Comment