Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Sunday, June 9, 2013

One Year, and a Letter to my Love...

Sooo there's this guy that I kinda love...well, ok, more than kinda :)...

..and a year ago today I gave him my heart in exchange for his last name.


He means the world to me.

I think back on the day, and it was just as I had imagine...in a barn...in a field...with all of our family and friends to support us and celebrate with us. We have many wonderful memories to look back on and we are able to recount our many blessings!



Letter to my Love


A lot changes in a year...a wedding, a move across the country, and now we are expecting our baby boy, Henry! I look forward to the day that my love for you grows even deeper, when you're holding our baby boy for the first time. Even though our roles will soon change as we become mother and father, our love for each other will evolve to embrace our son.

I heard once that the secret to happy, long lasting marriage is more than just loving one another (that's the easy part), it's being willing to change, to evolve...together. The key is together. People change, circumstances change, time changes us. One thing is for sure-there will always be good times and hard times, but if we can manage...if we have the desire...to come together, to see eye to eye at the end of the day, we will be stronger for it. Yes, marriage is hard work, it's not easy. Nothing worth having comes easy, but if you can find the one that is worthy of the hard work, then it's all worth it. I'm glad I found you; you are worth it.

One year may not seem like a lot, but you build a house brick by brick, layer by layer, through the laughter, sweat and tears...we are laying our 'firm foundation' for the many, many years to come, and I cannot wait to see where life takes us. All I know is....I'm sure glad to have you by my side.

I love you to the moon and back...and I always will.

To many more wonderful years-Cheers! I love you, Matt!

Heisel Rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment