Matt ROCKS

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...


Sunday, June 16, 2013

First Father's Day

Father's Day is a special time to celebrate the men in our lives and thank them for being there for us. This is a very special year for us since we are expecting our pony, Henry! ;)


Even though Henry hasn't graced us with his presence yet (we are 25 weeks, 4 days), we can still celebrate Matt as a father. After all, I considered him a father the day we took the pregnancy test, and confirmed it the day we heard Henry's 169 bmp heartbeat for the very first time. It was a magical moment that connected Matt and I forever...not that we needed an excuse to hang out for life! :)

I keep saying this, but I'm most excited about seeing Matt holding our lil man for the first time, witnessing that connection between father and son. Matt is going to be a wonderful father. I know this because he has a great example to follow and help lead him- we call him Pop, aka Andy. Thank you for teaching your son how to love and be loved.

And even though I grew up without a father, nor a strong father figure, I had a mom that filled both roles beautifully. No, she didn't teach me to pick up bugs (yuck), or how to fish (I didn't even eat fish til  I was an adult), or any other 'manly' things that dads teach their sons, I don't feel I lacked in that area. She did the best she could; she taught me how to be strong and independent. However, I am so happy that my son will have his father in his life. I can't even imagine the job my mom had to fulfill in my father's absence, but Henry will have Matt to teach him how to pee on a tree (yes, boys do that), not scream when he sees bugs, and bait his own hook; everything that I cannot do. Henry's life will be blessed for having Matt as his father.

Happy first Father's Day, Matt! Here's to many, many more to come! I love you!

...and Happy Father's Day to all you awesome Dads out there!

Heisel Rules! {the Bump}

No comments:

Post a Comment